Punjab Kings batsman Nicholas Pooran will donate a portion of his IPL salary to help the Indian people as the country battles a severe second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi suggesting five measures to conserve money for the fight against COVID-19, including a complete ban on media advertisements by government and PSUs for two years and suspending the Central Vista beautification project.
The Premier League club's first-team doctor Steve McNally said earlier this week that players had been sent a package of resources.
Perched in the hills of Darjeeling, the factory was set up in 1874, but has remained shut since 2001. Efforts to reopen the colonial era establishment are now on a war footing.
Team India pacer Mohammed Siraj welcomed the BCCI's decision to lift the ban on using saliva to shine the ball ahead of IPL 2025, saying it will aid "reverse swing" even in unfriendly conditions.
David and wife Victoria join 'All In Challenge' in which athletes and celebrities come up with special fan experiences to raise money for selected charities.
Various state governments had announced free transportation and accommodation, including West Bengal that ran special metro service for candidates.
Australian water polo player has been isolated
FIDE president Arkady Dvorkovich said the chess world was moving online which would help the sport reach its full potential.
The unpredictable nature of the 2024 US Open has turned it into one of the most thrilling Grand Slam tournaments in recent memory.
Speaking after virtually launching COVID-19 testing facilities in Noida, Mumbai and Kolkata, Modi said that in the fight against coronavirus, India has come to a point where it does not lack in awareness, its scientific data is expanding and resources are also increasing.
Dutta, however, did not disclose the amount and said he would feed about 100 underprivileged people of his area once the lockdown is lifted.
This new trial, a single-blind, randomised Phase II trial, will enrol 300 volunteers, with up to 240 of these volunteers receiving the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine and the remainder a control meningitis vaccine, which has been shown to be safe in children but is expected to produce similar reactions, such as a sore arm.
Uddhav Thackeray, who played the bold gambit of taking on the ally Bharatiya Janata Party in 2019 and forged an unlikely alliance with the Congress and the Nationalist Congress Party, was on Saturday left struggling to make sense of his party's rout in the Maharashtra assembly elections.
Blow for Bengal's Ranji preparation as 7 members test COVID positive
'The situation is especially serious in major hotspot districts or emerging hotspots like Ahmedabad and Surat (Gujarat), Thane (Maharashtra), Hyderabad (Telangana), and Chennai (Tamil Nadu),' the MHA statement said.
'India is too large a place to have just 10 labs performing these Covid-19 tests.'
As the coronavirus outbreak enters its fifth month, the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) requested $1.6 billion to support its humanitarian response for children impacted by the pandemic. The health crisis is 'quickly becoming a child rights crisis. And without urgent action, a further 6,000 under-fives could die each day', it said.
The IPL was suspended on May 4 after multiple COVID-19 cases were reported in its bubble.
The NHS estimates that weight gain of one kg, or 2.2 pounds, can increase someone's risk of diabetes by around 8 per cent.
ATP, WTA cancel China events, including Shenzen Finals
The ACC said in a statement it is hoping to stage the Twenty20 competition, which will feature six countries including India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, in June next year.
The capital recorded 2,373 fresh coronavirus cases taking the tally to 92,175. With 61 deaths, the fatalities now stand at 2,864.
There were speculations regarding Dhoni's participation in this year's T20 World Cup in Australia, which was postponed to 2022 due to the global health crisis.
IPL records highest ever TV viewership in first 10 matches, says official broadcaster
Sebastian Vettel was Ferrari's first choice to stay and partner Charles Leclerc in Formula One next year until the COVID-19 pandemic changed everything, team principal Mattia Binotto said on Friday. The four-times World champion, who won his titles with Red Bull, will now be replaced by Spaniard Carlos Sainz who joins from McLaren at the end of the season in a decision announced in May.
Many female footballers are at risk of losing their livelihoods due to the global soccer shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Otherwise, it said, the women's game could be facing an existential threat.
Since its launch in late March after India went into a lockdown, concerns about transparency have been expressed about the PM-CARES Fund
'We are already exhausted, but we can't give up.' 'The battle is still on.' 'We will see some respite by December 2021.'
Guangzhou Evergrande began the defence of their Chinese Super League (CSL) title with a 2-0 victory against Shanghai Shenhua as the delayed 2020 campaign, revamped due to the COVID-19 pandemic, finally kicked off over the weekend.
The world's largest postal service is stepping in to help deliver lifesaving medicines during a countrywide lockdown aimed at tackling the coronavirus pandemic.
The sixth International Yoga Day is being observed across the world. "Yoga unites, spreads brotherhood," Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who played an instrumental role in popularising yoga in the world after coming to power in 2014, said in his message on Sunday. Since 2015, International Yoga Day, is a United Nations designated day. Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family, is the focus this year as experts advised people to stay home due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Each of FIFA's 211 member associations would receive $500,000 in the coming days as well as any remaining entitlements for 2019 and 2020, it added. The coronavirus outbreak has brought soccer to a standstill and clubs have struggled to cope with the loss of revenue.
'The more seriously ill you are from heart disease, the more seriously ill you could get from infection with COVID-19.'
According to the Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Centre, more than 4,000 people in the US have died due to COVID-19 and nearly 190,000 have been infected by it.
Under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana announced by the Centre to incentivise formal sector job creation, all 'new employees', who were never a part of the EPF system in the past, and those who made an exit from employment during the Covid-19 pandemic from March 1, 2020, to September 30, 2020, will be eligible for the benefit.
Rawat advised the people who had come into contact with him over the past few days to get themselves tested.
The Supreme Court of India expressed concerns about the long-term sustainability of providing free rations to migrant workers, emphasizing the need for job creation and capacity building instead. The court's remarks came during a hearing on the ongoing issue of providing relief to migrant workers, a matter that gained prominence during the COVID-19 pandemic. The court questioned the government's reliance on freebies and stressed the importance of creating opportunities for migrant workers to become self-sufficient. The debate highlighted the challenges of balancing immediate relief with long-term economic solutions for vulnerable populations.